Jul 18, 2022
In this episode, I share with you the “Be-Do-Have” mentality and how this shift in mindset can totally transform your life so you can start living the life that you want. “I will be happy when…” is a common statement that leads a person to think that they won’t be happy until they finally have that “thing”, but this backward thinking is what keeps people get stuck in a never-ending cycle of frustration - and eventually burnout - because they aren’t seeing the results that they want. In this episode, I’ll talk you through how just wanting something isn’t enough - it all starts with BEING and DOING the things that we need to do in order to HAVE the things that we want most.
In this episode you will:
- Understand that just wanting something isn’t enough.
- Know what the “Be-Do-Have” mentality is and how it applies to the challenges you are facing right now.
- Get inspired to harness the power of the “Be-Do-Have” method to start changing your life.
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Write down all the things that you want. These could be both tangible or intangible things.
- Think about the type of person that would have the things that you want and then reflect on what you have been doing. What’s the difference?
- Brainstorm a list of things that you could start doing to be the person you need to be in order to have what you want. Then start taking action!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
The Burned-In Teacher Podcast Episode 83 - You Get to Choose with Naomi Gliva
The Burned-In Teacher Podcast Episode 81 - How you Show Up Matters with Dr. Sam Fecich
FIND YOUR NEXT BOOK ON BLINKIST
Click here to get a 7-day FREE trial
GET THE FIRST CHAPTER OF MY BOOK HACKING TEACHER BURNOUT
Click here to get Chapter 1 for FREE
Click here to send me your questions to answer on an upcoming episode.