Mar 01, 2021
I’m celebrating episode 100 by hosting a live Q&A session with the people who make the Burned-In Teacher Podcast possible - the listeners! I answer questions ranging from "What do you believe is the catalyst to teacher burnout?" to "What helped you make the decision to leave the classroom and pursue BIT full-time?" to "What music motivates you?" I'm so grateful to all of the listeners of the podcast and am excited for the next 100 episodes of The Burned-In Teacher Podcast.
Listener questions that I answer in this episode:
- What do you think is the biggest catalyst for burnout? (8:00)
- What are activities I can do to rediscover activities or passions after you take back control? (17:30)
- If you could go anywhere, where would you go? (23:45)
- What kind of music motivates you? (25:30)
- What do you do for yourself when you don’t want to do anything else? (28:30 and 36:00)
- How did you know it was time to leave the classroom? (32:20)
- How did you learn that you are the type of person that gets lost in your work (Enneagram Type)? (41:00)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Rediscover what brings you joy - try one of these strategies to figure out your passions.
- The Alphabet Method
- Every day - set a timer and write about all the things that would be fun to do. Use the prompt “wouldn’t it be fun if…”
- Get your body moving - when you are feeling a lack of motivation, get your body moving by going for a walk.
- Take an Enneagram test - Take an Enneagram assessment to learn more about yourself.
TOP 5 DOWNLOADED PODCAST EPISODES
#1 - Episode 61: From Crisis to Calm
#2 - Episode 40: The Lies We Tell Ourselves with Stephanie Delussey
#3 - Episode 52: Look Beyond the Clouds with Michelle Gano
#4 - Episode 80: Being a Mindful Educator with Dave and Erin Tashian
#5 Episode 73: Color Your Perspective with Alexis Shepherd
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Episode 1: My Story of Burnout
The Joy of Missing Out by Tanya Dalton
Fewer Things Better by Angela Watson
The Education Podcast Network
WANTING MORE BURNED-IN TEACHER?