Feb 01, 2021
This past school year sure has had its challenges that have been weighing heavy on the hearts of many educators. This added “weight” fosters feelings of burnout due to the lack of control and not knowing what new challenge is right around the corner. When you recognize that those feelings are happening, it’s important to stop, slow down, and look for solutions to your current challenges.
In this episode, I share an interview with Beth Williams. She's a 17-year veteran teacher from Manchester who, in an effort to identify signs, symptoms, and solutions to her own burnout created four pillars of wellness that she comes back to anytime things feel off.
Beth Williams is a Science teacher in Manchester, England who is on a mission to help other teachers find their inner warrior and sunshine by implementing her 4 pillar plan.
In this episode you will:
- Get Beth’s strategies for dealing with students who are not engaging in online lessons. (10:00)
- Learn about the 4 pillars Beth relies on when burnout strikes.
- Pillar 1: Get your body moving (22:50)
- Pillar 2: Take care of your mental health (26:15)
- Pillar 3: Get your environment in order (33:00)
- Pillar 4: Maintaining healthy social connections (36:40)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Get your body moving - Intentionally schedule physical activity into your day.
- Tidy up your environment - That’s right, it’s time to do some cleaning! The environment that you are in can impact how you’re feeling.
- Reach out to a friend - In this time where true, authentic connection seems to be lost, it’s important to nurture those personal connections.
FIND OUR GUEST
OUR GUEST’S RESOURCES
Solve for Happy by Mo Gawdat
OTHER RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
21Day Meditation Challenge
13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
WANTING MORE BURNED-IN TEACHER?