If you're a teacher in the year 2021, I'm willing to bet you feel...
overworked - there is always something to do, and you never feel caught up
frustrated with the ever-increasing demands and lack of respect for your profession
exhausted from school consuming your every waking moment
a strain on your relationships with your students and their families
like you're consistently battling yourself and what you want out of your career
Now, imagine getting back to...
being clear about what you want out of your career
finding more balance in life
feeling excited and passionate about teaching kids again
feeling successful in your personal and professional life again
being a positive light for yourself and others
better navigating your feelings in the face of hardship
"Going through the Burned-In process has helped me connect with other educators who are struggling in similar ways. It has helped me feel less alone in the middle of a pandemic, when the burnout is at an all time high. Growing through burnout is allowing me to visualize and find clarity for what I want right now and where I see myself going forward. "
Kimberly, 1st Grade Teacher
B: Begin Where You Are
Teachers will explore what caused them to become burned-out, so they can move through it quicker (thus keeping more teachers in the classroom)
U: Understand Your Teacher Brand
Teachers will grow in their self-awareness, so they can build a more positive, proactive Teacher Brand (therefore leaving a lasting, positive legacy with their students)
R: Reflect On Your Challenges
Teachers will learn how to focus on what they can control, so they can find simple solutions to their biggest challenges
N: Nurture Your Habits and Strengths
Teachers will grow in their knowledge of what makes them who they are, so they can build healthier habits
E: Extend Your Reach and Possibilities
Teachers will grow in their belief that they are capable and worthy of change, so they can take intentional actions to increase their joy and productivity at home and at school
D: Determine Your Long-Term Goals
Teachers will grow their confidence in their future, so they can set meaningful personal and professional goals
I: Initiate Lasting Change
Teachers will grow their determination to take consistent action towards their goals
N: Never Settle
Teachers will learn how to use the BURNED-IN process to build resilience in the face of hardship
... teaching during a pandemic is overwhelming.
... constant changes and expectations are frustrating.
... the negative feelings you're feeling are isolating.
BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO SETTLE FOR THIS AS YOUR "NORMAL" ANYMORE.
"I can't even begin to explain how much I've grown through my burnout. Through being pushed further and further past where I thought my limits were, I have learned that I can take on more than I thought I was capable of. I have learned to set boundaries around my time, and that being intentional with my time and tasks is extremely helpful."
Chelsea, 5th Grade Teacher
What you get:
- With over a decade of classroom teaching experience, Amber is relatable and creates a connection to her audience to support them through the toughest of times. With her 8-Step BURNED-IN Process, she gets right to the point with strategies that actually work for teachers feeling burned out.
- On her weekly podcast The Burned-In Teacher Podcast, she opens up the conversation about burnout and gives teachers a chance to share their voice about their struggle with teacher burnout and how they overcome their biggest challenges.
- To support teachers in beginning their journey out of burnout, Amber created the Teacher Burnout Quiz that helps teachers name the type of burnout they’re dealing with.
- As an expert in her field, Amber has used her knowledge about burnout to create BIT-University and The Burned-In Teacher Mastermind that provides educators with all the action, inspiration, and support they need to not only beat burnout, but also provide systems and support for future hardships.
- Because of her expertise in how to support teachers that are facing burnout, Amber was invited by Times 10 Publishing to be part of the Hacking Education series to write a book on the topic. Hacking Teacher Burnout lays out her eight-step process in a way that is simple, manageable, and critical for any teacher looking to grow through their burnout.
- Amber has been invited to schools as a Keynote Speaker to speak about burnout and provide support to those in the audience.
"It's kind of strange, I hadn't thought I was really growing until I got closer to the end. The strategies that Amber's course walks each person through becomes part of the person each week, so there's no overwhelming moment where it feels like it's all clicked... And then I got to the end and took the quiz again and almost all the challenges I had before were acknowledged and grown through."
Hilary, 7th Grade English Teacher
YOU MIGHT BE WONDERING:
"Do I have the time for ONE MORE THING?"
✔️ This isn't "one more thing" when it comes to overcoming your burnout - THIS IS THE THING
✔️ With FOREVER ACCESS to Burned-In Teacher University Video Instruction and Members-Only Community, you can learn at your own pace
"Is Burned-In Teacher University for me?"
✔️ No matter what you teach or where, you get to decide the direction your journey will go
✔️ No matter what your burnout type or reason for feeling burned-out, you get the resources and support you need to grow
✔️ No matter what your time zone, you'll have the ability to change your reality with anytime access to your video instruction and community support
✔️ No matter what your goal, we'll help you make it a reality
"I went from being a teacher who last year was completely overwhelmed by the situation that we got put in as well as burned-out from all the things we teachers have to deal with to being organized and excited for this school year. I've learned new tricks and ways to deal with things. It's really been a game-changer for me.
"I feel so good at the end of the year. I have things organized and a system figured out. Amber challenged us to work on a relationship and I decided that there was one girl that I resented and we ended the year with her telling me how much she was going to miss me. Thank you for all of your support, Amber."
"I felt that I was searching , but I didn't know what I was searching for. The amount of growth that I've experienced not just a teacher, but as a human has been exponential! Thank you for helping me stop the shame."
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Burned-In Teacher University give me everything I need to beat my burnout?
The Burned-In Teacher 8-Step Process will teach you everything you need to do in order to go from burned-out to BURNED-IN. Of course, your success in the program is dependent on how hard you work and how much change you want in your life.
How long will it take me to get through the video training?
You go through the 8-Step Process week by week or at a slower pace if you want to. You can access the video content of Burned-In Teacher University anytime.