The Burned-In Teacher University
JOIN THE WAITLIST
The ultimate 8-week course for educators to learn how to stop the cycle of burnout and take their next best steps toward a sustainable and fulfilling career in education.
What if new possibilities were just on the other side of your burnout?
Let’s backtrack for a minute, shall we?
Remember that first day you showed up in your classroom? You came with a full heart and dedication to inspire a love of learning in your students. You knew it would be difficult, and wow, was it ever! But somehow in the back of your mind, you knew you’d get the hang of it and somehow figure out a way to do all the things and wear all the hats.
And maybe you did… for a time.
But since then, you’ve noticed the excitement and anticipation you once felt for your job has been replaced with worry and disappointment.
- You long to spend time crafting creative lessons and experiences for your students. Instead, you’ve got your head down trying to get just the bare minimum done, so you can leave before 5 PM.
- Rather than investing energy in your dreams and goals beyond the classroom, you feel like you’re constantly putting out fires among student behavior, parent concerns, and misunderstandings between colleagues.
- You wish you could be more present with your students, but the stress and worry about how you’re going to get all your grading, lesson planning, and paperwork done takes the spotlight in your brain.
- You wish you could finally find a balance between your workload, family responsibilities, and having one effing moment to yourself. But no matter which way your priorities teeter on the scale in your mind, you feel bogged down in guilt and shame.
- You keep waiting to feel confident in your skills to handle the challenges that come your way, but each new difficulty fills a chasm of self-doubt.
Can I get real with you for a minute?
I’ve been in your shoes before… and it’s so damn difficult.
I used to pose as the teacher who loved her job, giving it everything I had until I realized I had lost pieces of myself in the process. It wasn't until I took a good hard look at my situation and the choices I was making that I realized…. I had the ability to change my reality.
Listen friend, there IS a way out of burnout, but you can't go over it and you can't go around it. You have it go through it.
Believing that you’re capable of becoming the person you want to be. Because the next time your self-doubt tries to give its two cents worth, you’ll need a rebuttal that shines the spotlight on your strengths and determination.
Getting honest with yourself to understand how your challenges contribute to burnout. When you know the root of the problem, you'll be more equipped to find creative solutions that might be simpler than you think.
Clarifying what you want so you can figure out what’s triggering the bitterness and negativity. You’re the only person who can achieve your dreams and goals. Sometimes resentment is an indicator that it’s time to take action and step out of your comfort zone.
Bottom line: You have more options than you might realize.
You deserve to have a career that's on your terms.
So what if you said “that’s enough” to your burnout and stepped out of your comfort zone to find out what you could change?
With the proper focus and action steps, you’d be able to do more than put your own mask first, and finally …
Take time for the people and activities you enjoy.
Let’s call time-out that scarcity mindset, shall we? Because behind those locked doors of “I don’t have time for that” thinking, there’s freedom and creativity to find simple solutions to help you prioritize what matters.
Find confidence in your skills and abilities.
It's time to affirm the stuff that you're really friggin' good at and find your sweet spot in a career you're passionate about. That self-doubt won't stand a chance when you fuel your thoughts with creativity and infuse the oxygen of curiosity.
Create a career and life that’s full of purpose and joy.
Only you can decide what you want your life to look like. Clarifying your values, dreams, and game equipment will illuminate the path toward a life full of happiness and fulfillment whether that looks like a career shift or finding creative ways to change what teaching looks like for you.
Ready to find out what’s on the other side of your burnout?
It’s time to make moves that will transform your situation into a flourishing career and life.
“I have clarity for what I want and where I see myself going forward.”
"Going through the Burned-In process has helped me connect with other educators who are struggling in similar ways. It has helped me feel less alone in the middle of a pandemic when burnout is at an all-time high. Growing through burnout is allowing me to visualize and find clarity for what I want right now and where I see myself going forward. "
- Kimberly, 1st Grade Teacher