Mar 15, 2021
The increase of problematic student behavior is a common thread when talking with teachers about their burnout. This burnout occurs due to the exhaustion that happens when constantly dealing with problem behaviors, especially when they continue after multitudes of research and strategizing.
In this episode, I interviewed Linda Kardamis from Teach4theheart.com about her experience with classroom management with her own students. She also shares how she used what she learned about classroom management to help thousands of teachers from around the world to manage their classrooms better.
Linda Kardamis is a former middle school math teacher from northeast Ohio that now supports teachers with classroom management strategies through her podcast, books, and online courses.
In this episode you will:
- Hear Linda’s burnout story. (15:00)
- Get Linda’s strategy for getting through her season of burnout. (20:00) how she got through her burn-out (spiritual) wrote a list of things I know to be true
- Learn about Linda’s FREE and upcoming webinars about classroom management. (25:00)
- Get Linda’s classroom management advice (29:30)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Face the issue head-on - If you are noticing problems in your classroom or in your life, just putting blinders on and avoiding dealing with those problems will only make them worse.
- Focus on your truth, not your feelings - When negative feelings of burnout start to take over, focus on the things that you know to be true in your life and form your rebuttal.
- Find your next step and do that - In a season of burnout, it can seem impossible and daunting to start the work to get out of it. In those moments of overwhelm, just focus on your next step and do that.
FIND OUR GUEST
Podcast: Teach4theheart podcast
OUR GUEST’S RESOURCES
Check out Linda’s books
Sign up for Linda’s FREE Classroom Management Webinars
- Classroom management solutions (March 15th, 2021)
- Respectful, Responsible, Engaged (March 18th, 2021)
Check out the courses Linda offers
OTHER RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
The Burned-In Teacher Podcast Episode 90: “I See You, I Hear You”
THE BURNED-IN TEACHER OF THE MONTH AWARD
To find out more about how you can nominate the BURNED-IN teacher in your life, go to BurnedInTeacher.com/nominate
WANTING MORE BURNED-IN TEACHER?