Jun 06, 2022
In this episode, I review with you important take-aways from past interviews with experts about trauma that you can use to support both yourself and your students, and I share how I’ve used the Serenity Prayer to tackle some drama in my own life. I also dive into what drama sounds like on social media and in real life and ways that you can be strong AND vulnerable, so that you have the SERENITY to accept the things you can't change and the COURAGE to change the things you can move forward in your teaching and personal life.
In this episode you will:
- Get important take-aways from previous episodes about trauma
- Understand definitions for key words related to burnout and trauma
- Learn what “The Serenity Prayer” is and how you can use it overcome burnout
- Know how to sift through all the noise on social media to find the support that you need.
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Make a list of all of the things that are challenging you - both professionally and personally.
- From that list, determine what is in your control and what is not.
- TAKE ACTION! Seek solutions for the things that are within your control.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do - Amy Morin
Information about “The Serenity Prayer”
Episode #1: My Story of Burnout
GET THE FIRST CHAPTER OF MY BOOK HACKING TEACHER BURNOUT
Click here to get chapter 1 for FREE
CHECK OUT HOW TO GET AWAY WITH TEACHING SUBSCRIPTION BOXES
Click here to get your box!
GET THE SUPPORT YOU NEED FROM BETTER HELP
Click here to get signed up
Get 10% off your first month with this promo code: burnedinteacher
FIND YOUR NEXT BOOK ON BLINKIST
Click here to get your 7-day FREE trial
Click here to send me your questions.