Jun 20, 2022
In this episode, I get down and dirty about the “Crab Mentality” and explain how others around you could be keeping you from your true potential. When working to grow through your burnout, you can sometimes find yourself surrounded by people who keep you stuck where you are. It’s important for you to pay attention to the people that you spend most of your time with. This episode will teach you how to evaluate your “Top 5” and provide you with strategies to bring people in your life who can, and will, build you up instead of tearing you down.
In this episode you will:
- Learn what the “Crab Mentality” is and how it could be affecting your burnout.
- Know how to evaluate your “Top 5”
- Find out how to bring more “builder-uppers” into your life while backing away from “tearer-downers”
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Reflect on who your “Top 5” are (these could include people you follow on social media) and write them down.
- For each person on your list, determine whether or not they are a “builder-upper” or a “tearer-downer”.
- Think about ways you can bring more “builder-uppers” into your life.
SIGN UP FOR THE EDUCATE AND REJUVENATE CONFERENCE
Click here to sign up for The Educate and Rejuvenate Conference
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
The Burned-In Teach Podcast Episode 45: Understand Your Teacher Brand
FIND YOUR NEXT BOOK ON BLINKIST
Click here to get your 7-day FREE trial
GET THE FIRST CHAPTER OF MY BOOK HACKING TEACHER BURNOUT
Click here to get Chapter 1 for FREE
Click here to send me your questions.