Feb 03, 2020
Stop waiting on you! You are 100% responsible for your life. That’s right, it is time for a little tough love. It is time to think about what lights you up because you are more than just a teacher.
In this episode, I go solo to let you in on what you can start doing today to extend your reach and possibilities as you take action to get out of teacher burnout. I will talk to you about how by reevaluating how you spend your time, you can do to make more of it. Extending your reach and possibilities is really about moving forward and thinking about what needs to change so you can get more out of life and beat the burnout.
In this episode you will:
- Get to think about and reevaluate how you spend your time so you can be more intentional with it. (5:10)
- Learn about how to prioritize to become truly productive. (8:10)
- Know what “idleness aversion” is and how to combat it. (12:00)
- Evaluate the actions that you are taking, or think about ones you want to start taking, and how they are extending your reach and possibilities. (13:50)
- Understand what is meant by “opportunity costs” and how that will help you decide what to say “no” and “yes” to. (22:20)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Create a map to evaluate how you spend your time. Think about what your mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends look like?
- Make a list of all of your obligations and reflect on what to keep and what to change or eliminate.
- Schedule in time for a minute of silence
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Recommended Read: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do
Agents of Change
BIT PODCAST FREEBIE
Get chapter 5 of The Burned-In Teacher Training ebook: “Extend Your Reach and Possibilities”