Mar 09, 2020
Have you ever wanted more out of teaching? Has your burnout caused you to lose the passion that you once had for leading a classroom? In this episode, Kayse Morris shares with us her story of going from a classroom teacher dealing with postpartum depression and burnout to Teachers Pay Teachers success story. Kayse is now the CEO of her very own online business (The CEO® Teacher ) where she helps other teachers create an online legacy by helping teachers transition to online marketers by building upon their talents. She shares her struggle with daily symptoms of burnout and how, when she found her passion for creating her own teaching resources, she found her way out of burnout and, ultimately, changed her life.
In this episode you will:
- Hear about Kayce’s story (5:15)
- Understand the importance of asking for help (either personally or professionally) when you need it. (9:20)
- Understand how your thoughts control our reality (15:36)
- Understand the importance of seeking professional help when needed. (20:55)
- Get strategies to help you determine your long term goals. (30:56)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Ask for help! When you feel like you are in a bad place and you are struggling, don’t be afraid to reach out for help.
- Set long term goals! Think about what you would like to accomplish: journal about it, do a “Big Dreams Brain Dump” to help you determine what you really want.
- Be purposeful about your planning your days, weeks, etc...Remember, you have complete control over your story! Reaching your goals happens when you are intentional about what you do.
FIND OUR GUEST
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
BIT PODCAST FREEBIE
“Determine Your Long Term Goals” chapter from The Burned in Teacher Training eBook