Mar 23, 2020
Have you ever wondered how having a coach could support you and your goals? In this conversation with my coach, Leslee Hill, and I talk about what it’s like to have a coach and why everyone should have one. She and I also get into a deep conversation about how a coach can’t be a superhero when it comes to taking action against your burnout. Leslee lays out the signs that she saw in me when I struggled with burnout last fall, and shares her viewpoint on what it’s like, as a coach, to watch someone you care about struggle.
In this episode you will:
- Understand why it is so important to have a coach or someone else to support you in reaching your goals. (9:20)
- Know how to choose the right person to hold you accountable for your goals (15:45)
- Be provided with tips to “get off the escalator” and to move out of your current state of burnout (26:20)
- Know how to set those long-term goals to keep you moving toward becoming your best self (34:05)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Find your accountability partner/coach! Locate someone that you feel comfortable to have those hard conversations with.
- Determine your long-term goals! Use journaling, brain dumping, or conversations to determine what you really want!
- Set up a plan of action! We have to be intentional! Once you have your goal, work backward to determine how you are going to set out achieving it!
OUR GUEST'S BIO
Leslee Hill is the program director of the Women’s Entrepreneurial Opportunity Center, a women’s business center located in Indiana and owner of RIDME, a technology company combating self-doubt, outfit boredom, and aneurysm around getting dressed.
FIND OUR GUEST
- RIDME Facebook Page
- RIDME Instagram: @ridmeapp
- Women’s Entrepreneurial Opportunity Center Facebook Page
- Women’s Entrepreneurial Opportunity Center Instagram: @inweoc
RESOURCES FROM OUR GUEST
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES MENTIONED
- You can watch the “escalator” video HERE!
BIT PODCAST FREEBIE
Burned-In Teacher Training eBook: “Reflect on your Challenges”
WANTING MORE BURNED-IN TEACHER?