Feb 21, 2022
In this episode, I share my own, personal struggle with the Winter Blues AKA Seasonal Affective Disorder. I can always tell when it's settling in and I also know what has helped me in the past two years to do more than feel like I'm just surviving the winter. This is important because I feel your personal and professional life shouldn’t feel “on hold” or held hostage by the winter months and I choose not to settle for tears or being sedentary and isolated for 3 months of my life.
In this episode you will:
- Listen to my response for this week’s ASK BIT Question: How to set boundaries and have tough conversations with co-workers (9:00)
- Know how to tell if you’re dealing with burnout or the winter blues. (16:40)
- Understand the importance of reflection when it comes to supporting yourself through the winter blues. (21:20)
- Get a list of the action steps I take to support myself as I deal with my own winter blues. (25:10)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Determine if what you’re feeling is burnout or the winter blues. Use these definitions to help you:
- Burnout: Feelings resulting from chronic workplace stress.
- Winter Blues: Feelings of sadness during the winter months that are short-lived.
- Reflect! Think about your patterns and habits that could be negatively affecting you.
- Seek support! Reach out to a friend or family member, schedule an appointment with a therapist, or join the Burned-In Teacher Mastermind!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
JOIN THE BURNED-IN TEACHER MASTERMIND
Click here to join!
FIND YOUR NEXT BOOK ON BLINKIST
Click here to get your 7-day FREE trial
Click here to send me your questions.