Feb 28, 2022
In this episode, I decided to do something a little different. What I decided was to look back at past episodes as a way to reflect on how far Burned-In Teacher has come. What I found to share with you all today is a blog post from back in 2016 - one of my very first blog posts - called "Dear Sad, Lonely, Depressed Teacher". Listen in as I share with you the blog post, but also 5 ways to support yourself if you're feeling lonely, sad, or depressed so that you can take your next best step.
In this episode, you will:
- Understand the importance of seeking out and knowing your why (9:50).
- Learn that it’s important for you to find something that you love doing and make it a priority (12:21)
- Understand how to take ACTION (13:55).
- Get strategies to stop allowing other people and our emotions to take over (15:25).
- Know what steps to take to make that much-needed change (23:00).
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Seek out and understand your WHY - the first step of your journey out of burnout is more than understanding why you got into teaching, you need to also understand why you’re in your current situation/burnout as well.
- Find something you love and make it a priority!
- Take ACTION - check out the Burned-In Teacher Podcast Facebook Community or, if you’re serious about overcoming your burnout, join the Burned-In Teacher Mastermind!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Click here to check out the blog post mentioned in this podcast - “Dear Sad, Lonely, Depressed Teacher”
FIND YOUR NEXT BOOK ON BLINKIST
Click here to get your 7-day FREE trial
WANTING MORE BURNED-IN TEACHER?