Dec 21, 2020
This time of year, many of us find ourselves thinking about goals - about things we want to reach and/or obtain. But you need to do more than just talking about your goals - you need to have a clear vision of what you want. You need to have clarity, which is difficult to come by in a constant state of stress (which is something that many teachers are feeling now). Finding clarity and determining the things that you want out of life will help guide you down the path out of burnout.
In today's episode, I ask one important question and give you one important step into creating clarity in your life. Are you coachable? I tell you the qualities of someone who is coachable and give you one step you can take to create clarity as you move into 2021. You can't grow through your burnout without first knowing what you want, so let's start 2021 with clarity, shall we?
In this episode you will:
- Know what “clarity” is. (4:00)
- Understand what TRUE self-care is and what it isn’t (15:00)
- Get the teaching point in this analogy: “What do teachers and flies have in common?” (15:30)
- Understand the power of choice and how choice plays a role in shaping the stories we tell ourselves. (19:00)
- Learn the truths about overwhelm and time. (20:50)
- Get some action steps that you can take NOW to start gaining clarity about your reality. (20:40)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Take the Teacher Burnout Quiz! If you can name it you can tame it - and naming your type of burnout is your first step in being able to identify the steps you need to take to beat it.
- Think about stories that you are telling yourself and when - and write them down. Yes, write them down. This will allow you to actually SEE the stories that you are telling yourself and will give you the opportunity to start taking steps to change that narrative.
- Jump into The Burned-In Teacher Podcast Community on Facebook and share your story!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Sign up for the FREE Clarity Masterclass
JOIN THE BURNED-IN TEACHER MASTERMIND
Click here to register today!
WANTING MORE BURNED-IN TEACHER?