Sep 30, 2019
DOWNLOAD A TRANSCRIPT
In this episode, Gretchen Bridgers shares five strategies to take some control of your profession and really make it as an educator in today's world.
Gretchen is an elementary educator turned teacher coach and trainer. She specializes in instructional strategy implementation for all levels of educators and has a soft spot in her heart for new teachers. Gretchen is the host of the Always A Lesson Empowering Educators podcast. Between her blog, podcast, classroom resources, PD webinars, and published books, Gretchen pours into teachers every day with the content that she curates.
Connect with Gretchen:
Facebook: Always A Lesson
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1872455209751203/
Download this month's BIT Podcast Freebie at: www.burnedinteacher.com/begin!
How Are You Going to Get There?
- Acknowledge Your Current Toolbelt
- Come with something
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Choose a Focus Area
- What are your biggest needs?
- Lesson Design
- Connect with experts or a mentor who can help you be great at what you want to be great at!
- Journal All the Feedback You're Getting
- Go back and look at what you've done
- Have a staff meeting of one!
- Celebrate Growth
- Actions you've taken
- Even mistakes show growth!
The date that this episode is released is International Podcast Day 2019! I want to thank you for making BIT a part of your anytime, anywhere professional development. I also wanted to share some podcasts that bring me tremendous value.
- EntreLeadership - Dave Ramsey
- She Did It Her Way Podcast - Amanda Boleyn
- Rise Podcast - Rachel Hollis
- The Way I Heard It - Mike Rowe
- The Speaker Lab Podcast - Grant Baldwin
- The Courage and Clarity Podcast - Steph Crowder
- 10 Minute Teacher Podcast - Vicki Davis
- Podcasts from the Education Podcast Network!