Apr 19, 2021
I want to take a moment to make sure I'm very clear about my beliefs surrounding your burnout experience - your burnout isn't your fault, but it is your responsibility to choose your next steps. My message here is that in these moments of frustration, overwhelm, and burnout - I believe that you are worthy of making different choices about what you do, what you don't do, and why. In this episode, I share how through a post in The Burned-In Teacher Podcast Facebook Community, I learned that I created a boundary. I learned that when we state what we believe, we may have people who don't agree with us and that's ok. Not everyone is our person and we can't make everyone happy. That's a boundary that I am happy to build for myself.
In this episode you will:
- Be reminded that not everyone will agree with you, and that’s okay. (8:40)
- Hear about what you can do when your beliefs are challenged.(10:30)
- Understand that you are only responsible to others, but you are responsible for yourself. (12:30)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Pay attention - Look closely at your habits, your beliefs, and your surroundings and determine what needs to change.
- Talk about it -Growing through your burnout is tough, so having someone that can help you through those tough conversations is important. Feeling like you don’t have someone you can talk to? Try out the Facebook Community, or you can even reach out to me([email protected])!
- Get clear about boundaries - Setting clear boundaries is an important step in beating burnout. Need help setting boundaries? Sign-up for my Building Better Boundaries Challenge!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Boundaries by Henry Cloud
SIGN UP FOR THE BUILDING BETTER BOUNDARIES CHALLENGE