Apr 27, 2020
There is a lot of negativity floating around because of the quarantine and the pandemic which makes sense! There is a lot going on. But what we forget to see is the silver lining, there ARE positives that can come out of our “new normal”, just like there are benefits to burnout.
In this episode, I get real about the four biggest benefits of being burned-out, especially during the quarantine. There are opportunities that you now have that you might not have before. And, whether you’re trying to avoid burnout, are not burned-out, Burned and Bored, Burned and Unbalanced, or Burned and Over-It, I’m going to lay out all of the opportunities that you NOW have to make positive changes in your life.
In this episode you will:
Learn about the 4 benefits to Burnout:
- You now have the time to be inspired and motivated to make changes. (8:05)
- While you are at home, you may feel “safer” to take risks. (10:30)
- Have that moment of self-actualization (12:04)
- Become an advocate for what you and others in similar situations are going through. (13:45)
Learn ways to apply this to your type of burnout
- If you are Burned and Unbalanced, you need to analyze and activate change. (17:00)
- If you are Burned and Over-It, focus on those relationships that are in need of repair. (17:57)
- If you are Burned and Unbalanced, you need to look closely at your self-talk and focus on what your top priorities are. (18:25)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Take the Teacher Burn-Out Quiz and find out your burnout type.
- Do something that inspires you! This could be reading an inspiring book or getting active.
- Take a risk! Take some time while you are home to try something new!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
BIT PODCAST FREEBIE
Join the waitlist for your FREE 4-part Video Training Series
WANTING MORE BURNED-IN TEACHER?