May 25, 2020
Drowning...that is the feeling that many teachers start to feel as the year goes on. Papers pile up, data collection nags to be completed, behaviors start to surface, and it all becomes very hard to manage and you feel like you are drowning. But all that can change! You can take action to stop that feeling of overwhelm to grow out of burnout.
In this episode, Paula shares her journey from an overwhelmed perfectionist to becoming a Burned-In Teacher. She shares what she did to change her beliefs about how to manage her time in and out of the classroom in order to save time to take action toward her personal and professional goals and passions. She shares how she got rid of that nasty “drowning” feeling that typically sets in after the first few weeks of school and shares how her preparation and dedication to her own journey actually prepared her for teaching virtually.
In this episode you will:
- Hear about what inspired Paula to join the Burned-In Teacher Tribe. (11:55)
- Learn about what Paula’s First “ah-ha” moments with scheduling and goal writing where and how they put her on the path to success. (13:50)
- Get information about how Paula benefited from being a part of the Burned-In Teacher Community. (15:30)
- Hear about how Paula’s perspective about teaching has changed and how it has positively impacted her teacher brand. (22:20)
- Understand how important scheduling and creating a plan of action is to reach your goals. (28:25)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Take the Burned-In Teacher Quiz to learn more about your type of burnout.
- Sign up for the FREE video training series to get support on balancing work, especially with the challenge of virtual teaching.
- Check out the Burned-In Teacher Tribe to find all action, inspiration, and support you need to rise from burnout!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Teacher Burnout Quiz
Ep 70 - What the Heck is a BURNED-IN Teacher Anyway?
Ep 69 - Who You Hang Around With Matters
SIGN UP FOR THE FREE VIDEO TRAINING SERIES
CHECK OUT THE BURNED IN TEACHER TRIBE
WANTING MORE BURNED-IN TEACHER?