May 30, 2022
This episode is all about reflection and then action. Dear teacher, your journey out of burnout starts with deciding that you refuse to sit inside of your challenges and that you are capable and worthy of finding solutions, so you can move on to a happier and more fulfilled life. However, in order to act, you first have to get clear on what's truly challenging you and why. That's what this episode is all about: Reflecting on your challenges.
In this episode you will:
- Know how asking ourselves the question of “why” not only helps to reflect on challenges but also start to find solutions.
- Understand the importance of focusing on what we do have control over.
- Learn how the subjunctives (shoulda, coulda, woulda) keep us stuck in burnout.
- Learn how to be a seeker of solutions.
- Get an extension activity to take your reflection on your challenges one step further.
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Take the Teacher Burn-out Quiz so you can name your burnout and start taking targeted action out of burnout! Remember, when you can name it, you can tame it!
- Journal about all the things that are challenging you in both your personal and professional life. Get all those challenges out of your brain and on paper to free up your mind space.
- Continue the journal entry by answering the question "Why?" for each of those challenges to get to the real reason you have those challenges so you can start to seek solutions.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Take my FREE Teacher Burnout Quiz. Click here to find out your Burnout Type.
Click here to watch “Find Your Why TED Talk”
Click here to get a copy of the book Find Your Why
Listen to Ep 34: Turn Classroom Management into Classroom Connection with Dr. Tim Elmore
Listen to Ep 28: Dr. Lori Desautels Helps Us Co-Regulate Ourselves and Our Students
Click here to find out more about my Agents of Change
GET THE FIRST CHAPTER OF MY BOOK HACKING TEACHER BURNOUT
Click here to get chapter 1 for FREE
FIND YOUR NEXT BOOK ON BLINKIST
Click here to get your 7-day FREE trial
Click here to send me your questions.
WANTING MORE BURNED-IN TEACHER?