Feb 24, 2020
Do you start each school year with the best of intentions when it comes to your schedule? Do you tell yourself “This year will be different” or “This year I WILL make more time for myself, friends, or family” only to fall back into the same habits? If so, you've got it backward. Creating a schedule of your dreams can be done!
In this episode, I take you through the steps you can do to begin to create the schedule of your dreams. When you don't create a vision and plan for your schedule, others will do it for you. This can lead to overwhelm and burnout, so follow these steps to begin to take action towards a schedule and life that will help you on your quest to be a happier more fulfilled human being!
In this episode you will:
- Understand my framework for how to create your dream schedule (11:11)
- Understand why it is so important to visualize the possibilities when it comes to building your schedule (13:00)
- Get the skills to know how to best prioritize what needs to be done (19:30)
- Know how to choose which tasks to eliminate from your lists (21:00)
- Understand how to simplify your schedule with Batching and Blocking (25:05)
- Get strategies for when to say “No” or “Yes” to obligations (31:24)
- Understand how to find tasks to automate (34:25)
- Know how to systemize with knowing what to “start, stop, and continue” (38:52)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Dream! Visualize what you want your schedule to look like.
- Braindump your to-dos into a list and use that list to batch tasks.
- Create a plan by blocking when you will do certain tasks into your schedule.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
BIT PODCAST FREEBIE
You can get chapter 5 of Burned-In Teacher Training eBook: “Extend Your Reach and Possibilities”
WANTING MORE BURNED-IN TEACHER?