Dec 28, 2020
Did you know that 95% of the thoughts you had today you had yesterday? And did you know that about 80% of them are negative? Those negative stories are powerful - they work hard to keep you stuck in feelings of overwhelm, loneliness, and burnout.
This podcast episode is part 2 of my clarity mini-series. In this episode, I guide you through the next step in gaining clarity which is looking inward at the stories - lies- you tell yourself. These negative, internal stories that we tell ourselves keep us stuck in frustration, shame, and overwhelm. But, when you name your negative self-talk, you gain the clarity and confidence you need to create powerful rebuttals to combat that nasty self-talk which will, in turn, lead you out of burnout so you can become BURNED-IN!
In this episode you will:
- Get examples of the nasty stories we tell ourselves when feeling burned out. (5:15)
- Understand the power in naming your negative self-talk. (11:45)
- Get tips for how to create an effective rebuttal for your negative self-talk. (12:50)
CALL TO ACTION: THINGS YOU CAN DO TOMORROW
- Check how much time you are spending on your phone - We tend to tell ourselves the story that “we don’t have time”, but in reality we do - it just comes down to how you choose to spend it.
- Name your negative self-talk - This will help you recognize when those negative stories start to take over so you can combat them with the appropriate rebuttal.
- Come up with your rebuttal - Once you know what your negative self-talk is, you can squash it with a rebuttal. Use the Burned-In Agents of Change to get you started!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Clarity Series Part 1: Are You Coachable?
Burned-In Agents of Change
Burned-In Teacher Masterclass
JOIN THE BURNED-IN TEACHER MASTERMIND
Click here to register today!